Join the Quality Standard Mark Scheme
The Quality Standard Mark Scheme (QSM) is completely free to join and is open to the following businesses:
- Cutting plants
- Meat processors
- Foodservice outlets (hotels, restaurants, pubs, pub groups, cafes and mobile caterers)
- Approved distributors
- Retailers (independent and multiple)
In order to become a member, you must be sourcing QSM beef and lamb from another business that is also signed up to the scheme. To source a supplier of QSM beef or lamb, check out our supplier database.
A reminder of the benefits of joining the QSM Scheme:
- The ability to offer your customers guaranteed eating quality
- Assured from farm to point of purchase, providing total product integrity
- Independently inspected
- Consumer confidence, encouraging a purchasing preference
- Better returns through the supply chain
- Improved carcase yield and value
- Consumer marketing campaigns
- Trade marketing support
- Point-of-sale and consumer literature
78% of members said it is important that their customers know that they are sourcing local beef and lamb*
Now you’ve read through the benefits of our QSM Scheme for beef and lamb it’s time to join! Simply send back a completed Membership Declaration Form and we’ll do the rest. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to call our Hotline: 0845 491 8787*.
*Source: Based on a PAI independent retailer feedback survey on the first 100 Quality Standard Mark Scheme members to reply.