The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) - operating through its AHDB Beef and Lamb division - takes the privacy of www.qsmbeefandlamb.co.uk users seriously. This website does not automatically capture or store personal information, except for logging the user's IP address and session information such as the duration of the visit and type of browser used. This is recognised by the web server and is only used for system administration and to provide anonymous statistics that the AHDB’s AHDB Beef and Lamb division uses to evaluate and improve the site.
You may be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services that divisions of AHDB offer. By submitting your personal information in electronic form, or by using this site – www.qsmbeefandlamb.co.uk - you give your consent that all personal information that you submit may be processed and stored by us in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- For marketing purposes and market research of AHDB and the divisions of AHDB.
- To internally administer this website and help us improve our services.
- To administer any competitions which you may have chosen to enter and to contact you in the case that your entry has been successful.
AHDB shall process and store all personal information you submit to us in accordance with applicable law and in particular shall ensure it has appropriate security measures in place to guard against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide and shall keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
You may request the deletion or alteration of any personal data held about you by contacting us at email@example.com and we will make such deletions or alterations subject to any applicable legal obligations imposed upon us.
There are, however, cookies used on this website to help improve your user experience by:
- remembering settings, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you've given (e.g., your postcode) so you don't need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren't used to identify you personally.
About cookies in general
Cookies do lots of different jobs, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website. Cookies make the interaction between you and the website faster and easier.
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting ('first party cookies') or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing ('third party cookies').
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what's in your shopping basket.
There are five categories of cookies:
First party cookies: First party cookies are set by the website, you are visiting and they can only be read by that site.
- www.qsmbeefandlamb.co.uk uses first party cookies to enable you to move around the site and to provide you with certain basic features.
Third party cookies: Third party cookies are set by a different organisation to the owner of the website you are visiting. For example, the website might use a third party analytics company who will set their own cookie to perform this service. The website you are visiting may also contain content embedded from, for example YouTube or Flickr, and these sites may set their own cookies. A website might also use a third party advertising network to deliver targeted advertising on their website. These may also have the capability to track your browsing across different sites.
- It is important to note that advertising cookies are not set for visitors to www.qsmbeefandlamb.co.uk. This site does use a third party analytics company (Google Analytics) to provide anonymous visitor statistics to enable us to improve the performance of our website. This analytics function sets its own cookie to perform this service. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. This information cannot be used to identify who you are and we do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data. We also sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as flickr and YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites.
Session cookies: ?Session Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from the user's device when the browser is closed.
- www.qsmbeefandlamb.co.uk uses session cookies to enable you to move around the site and to provide you with certain basic features.
Persistent cookies: ?This type of cookie is saved on your computer for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and is not deleted when the browser is closed.
- www.qsmbeefandlamb.co.uk uses this type of cookie to store your preferences, so that they are remembered for your next browsing session. For example, your weather region selection.
Flash cookies: Many websites use Adobe Flash Player to deliver video and game content to their users. Adobe utilise its own cookies, which are not manageable through your browser settings but are used by the Flash Player for similar purposes, such as storing preferences or tracking users.
- www.qsmbeefandlamb.co.uk uses Adobe Flash Player to deliver video content to our visitors.
What to do if you don't want cookies to be set
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of the website.
- www.qsmbeefandlamb.co.uk will work without cookies, but you will lose some features and functionality if you choose to disable cookies.
Adobe Flash Player Cookies: The Adobe Flash Player, used to provide video services or web-based games, is also capable of storing information on your device. However, these cookies cannot be controlled through your web browser. Some web browser manufacturers are developing solutions to allow you to control these through your browser, but at the present time, if you wish to restrict or block Flash Cookies, then you must do this on the Adobe website.
Third party cookies:AHDB Beef and Lamb does not control the dissemination of third party cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about controlling their cookies. The third parties cookies which may be used while visiting this site are Google Analytics, You Tube, Facebook and Twitter.